Thursday 16 April 2020

Why reviews give a writer a lift

Today I received an e-mail reviewing my two books Kundela and Gillespie's Gold, and here is what Derek Saunders a former school teacher from Orroroo, South Australia said about them:


I have just finished reading your 2 novels, Kundela and Gillespie’s Gold which Paddo lent to me. Looking forward to reading “Voss”.

I thoroughly enjoyed the read and found the story line captivating, imaginative and certainly held my attention. Detail of the characters’ everyday activities and inter-relationships added to the realism.

I felt I could connect with the settings around Orroroo and district, bringing back many fond memories. I actually got out my Flinders Ranges map to follow your story line.

I thought the scene in the Port Augusta Police Station when DI Cassidy and team were investigating events in Gillespie’s Gold, reminded me of the procedures that were used by DS Vera Stanhope in the “Vera” series- you certainly did your homework, as you obviously did in many areas such as the local geology-which also interested me, reminding me of trips out to Prince Alfred mine and other places.

So hope you keep writing Terry,  and take care.
Best wishes,
Derek.

Books are available from:

Collins Booksellers Sunbury Victoria:

E-Books available on Kindle Books:


No comments:

Post a Comment