Sunday 6 January 2013

A Well Deserved Kick in the Pants

You have to keep your readers happy.

While attending a friend’s coming of age party today her husband pointed out to me that when writing for the NaNoWriMo challenge I asked everyone to keep the pressure on and let me know if I was falling behind. Alan did just that. It seems he got caught up in the adventure Toby Farrier was on and is hanging out for another chapter or two. Better still I was told to finish the book.

I must say it has been on the back burner for a couple of reasons.

One, I’m stuck, I have Arthur and Charlie winning a major lottery prize. They have won enough money to take them to all of the places they have wanted to see since they were kids, Gallipoli, France, and Egypt. Charlie is not well and his doctor has told him to take the trip now, while he can.

Two, what can I do with almost 16 year old Toby while they are away. I know it’s absurd. I can change the storyline and rewrite the whole chapter or maybe I can recycle it with a few minor changes.

I’m open to ideas to get over this hump and finish Toby Farrier, if not for me for my mate Alan.

Oh and by the way his suggestions were of no help.

No comments:

Post a Comment