Monday 5 November 2012

A slow few days of NaNoWriMo

I thought I would offer a report and an excuse for no new chapter posts on Toby Farrier.

I have had a few commitments to other projects since Friday and haven't had a lot of time to open the computer. Hope to have more done by tomorrow night and have set myself a 25,000 word count by this time next week.

I know the rules say don't worry about the editing and just to type away; but I have had a quick look at the draft for the first time this morning and can see that it really needs another hard drafting session.

Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing well, Terry! I'm on track with Nanowrimo too and have managed to stick to my daily routine of 5.30am-7am writes so all is done before work. And I thought I wasn't a morning person! It turns out I just needed the right motivation to get out of bed, and apparently writing is it. I would definitely give the advise of resisting the temptation to read back over your work at this stage because it could de-motivate you (with the thought of all that editing you have to do). Getting to the end is the only thing you need to worry about at this stage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete